Elections are closed. Results have been posted. Thank you for supporting the Student Activity Fee.
The Student Activity Fee Referendum was passed, so the new fee will be $100 per semester effective Spring 2011.
Please support clubs and student life on campus by voting YES to increase the Student Activity Fee. It is only a $5.75 increase per semester, so it won’t break the bank. The University increases your tuition every year without asking you, while cutting services and funding. We are asking you to spare one lunch a semester for us, and it translates to $80,000 more cash in the bank for Stony Brook Students. That means more concerts, more events and more clubs for you. NEW YORK STATE, SUNY AND STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATION CANNOT TOUCH THIS MONEY.
Elections are open as of Monday 11/29 at Noon. Elections are scheduled to close on Friday 12/3 at Noon.
The Elections Board has posted the Elections Schedule.
The Senate and Executive Council have voted to put a referendum on the ballot to raise the Student Activity Fee by $5.75 for a total of $100. The undergraduate student body must vote in favor of the referendum by a simple majority in order to pass it.
For more information, please download the Elections Schedule. Contact the Elections Board and its Chair, Michael Fricke with any comments, questions or concerns. elections [@sbusg.org]
The Elections Board requests that candidates refrain from speaking with USG Employees or Elected Officials about election issues.
Elections are closed as of Noon 12/3
If you have any concerns about your vote, please contact Michael Fricke as soon as possible.
Email: elections [@stonybrookusg.org]
|Treasurer||VP of Academic Affairs||Freshman Rep|
|Jackie Mark||Shamell Forbes||Anna Lubitz (42)|
|Mari L Rodriguez (61)|
Senate Candidates (winners in green):
|1 – College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)|
|Ray Fan (65)|
|David Szeszler (62)|
- Election results have been posted as of Monday 12/6. Thank you for voting.
- Elections were closed on Friday 12/3 at Noon.
- Elections were opened on Monday 11/29 at Noon.
- The optional debate was cancelled because there are only two contested elections, and all participating candidates agreed to cancel the debate.
- The valid candidate list was posted, campaigning is permitted.
- The Elections Board has been formed.
- The Fall Election Schedule has been proposed by the Elections Board and posted for 48 hours of review. 10/15 (8pm)
- The Election Schedule will be sent back to the Elections Board for review. 10/17 (8pm)